Hi Clara,

I really enjoyed reading your second blog post  and I feel like I learned even more about open education specifically as the quotes you highlighted really made the intention clear. I found it very powerful how you started off with quotes. Created a really nice flow and understanding for the reader. I think my favourite quote you used was the “learners identify and locate learning opportunities for themselves as well as create opportunities for others” (Coffey et al, 2006 as cited in Roberts et al, 2018). This demonstrates the importance of design and collaboration and sums up how open learning extends beyond the classroom.

In the following paragraph you make a really strong connection to the UDL guidelines as well as the relationship to Dewey’s idea of learning from and with. Which again stresses the importance of collaboration as you addressed. I think you are really considering the relationship building aspects as well as the diversity of student learners, which is very empowering!

I totally agree with you I never knew how old and prominent online education has been in Canada and I also find it surprising of how little research has been done.

I also am curious to see what the outcomes related to online learning will be post Covid-19 pandemic and see a timeline. I believe we will see a significant jump and transition as everyone is now becoming more aware of online learning. I also did not know of CANeLearn prior to these readings and to be honest did not realize of some key benefits of online learning. Obviously each student responds to online education different and delivery is different but I wonder how students will now respond to courses being online and whether we will see an increase in online enrollment post covid-19 at a post-secondary level but also within the K-12 system… I am curious of the children who have experienced this pandemic if they are given the option between online and in class classes what their thoughts and choice would be.

Thanks for sharing your post with me, I enjoyed learning and thinking about the concepts more! Looking forward to your next post 🙂