https://xuyaohan.opened.ca/learning-design-ii-inquiry-based-learning-method/

This week I have decided to respond to Xuyao blog post on Inquiry based learning. I also wrote about this instructional approach and value the things that Xuyao brought forward. In regards to their blog post, Xuyao emphasized some of the benefits notably student engagement which is derived from the fun and personal ways that Inquiry fosters. As well an Inquiry based model, helps develop  life skills notably communication and critical thinking. This makes me further understand the benefits of this instructional approach as it supports an inclusive model and allows student to be self motivated in their learning. Reading Xuyao blog post, made me make some connections to one of my previous classes ED-D 301, as engagement  can extend into what is known as the circle of courage and the four drivers of motivation. These underline a students ability to learn therefore are very important factors to consider. Furthermore, I thought it was beneficial how Xuyao’s post included a research article that demonstrated the effectiveness of inquiry related to science. I found this to be a great comparison with their chosen group topic as it showcases how students scored higher using this approach.