So I have been brainstorming ideas around my interests related to an inquiry project.

Inquiry is important as it  allows students to be the centre of their education. As such it empowers students to connect their learnings and share with others based off their curiosities. This provides students with the opportunity to be autonomous and engaged in their studies as they make it what they want it to be. For example, for my inquiry project last semester, I looked into the Accelerative Integrated Method (AIM) program as I was curious to know more about it after observing it in more than one classroom. This project allowed me to explore and learn based off of a subject of interest and I will get to share this information at our gallery walk.

Moving forward, I think it would be very interesting to evaluate the need for gymnastics and dance in schools and how this helps children learn and grow. This subject is intriguing to me as I have done dance and gymnastics since a very young age. I also believe that the performing arts play a huge role related to learning and as such value the importance of these in schools. This connects to some of our current classes notably EPHE 311 and EDCI 306A as they touch on the relationship of music, dance and gymnastics to education.

My inquiry question for my free Inquiry project will not only related to dance and gymnastics directly but more generally the performing arts and their importance in learning and healthy development.

Visit this link to understand some of the benefits of dance in schools!

https://blog.ed.ted.com/2018/04/02/why-dance-is-just-as-important-as-math-in-school/