The following is the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM-59ljA4Bs)  I have chosen in relation to my interactive learning design subject of the water cycle.This video demonstrates a song and a dance in order to learn the main elements and the functions of a water cycle.

1. What kind of interaction would the video require from your students? Does it force them to respond in some way (inherent)?
    • The interaction of this video would be for students to get up and dance. Dance pedagogy is powerful as it engages students to learn through movement. As such, students will be able to listen, do and visualize the concept (I would have a water cycle diagram or something nearby).
  2. In what way are they likely to respond to the video on their own, e.g. make notes, do an activity, think about the topic (learner-generated)?
    • This video would provide students to learn by doing. Therefore, they would be engaged through the movements.
  3. What activity could you suggest that they do, after they have watched the video (designed)? What type of knowledge or skill would that activity help develop? What medium or technology would students use to do the activity?
    • The activity would help develop movement skills, as well as recollection as a movement would be associated to a word or the water cycle. Therefore, the student may repeat the motion. The goal of this video would be to learn and do the dance to help support students understand the water cycle. Students would be able to do this by using Youtube and perhaps filming each other practicing using FreshGrade.
  4. How would students get feedback on the activity that you set? What medium or technology would they and/or you use for getting and giving feedback on their activity?
    • The students could learn this dance and at a year end, the students could demonstrate their learning through a performance that could be showcased to the parents. Students would be able to receive feedback from peers, review the video as needed as well as seek guidance from the instructor. The teacher could thus provide feedback using FreshGrade and videoing or through practices. For example, if the teacher notices someone doing something differently, they could address and review that part of the dance with the whole classroom.
  5. How much work for you would that activity cause? Would the work be both manageable and worthwhile? Could the activity be scaled for larger numbers of students?
    • I think this could be manageable and a great cross curricular activity (Physical Education and Science). It would be manageable for large numbers of students although a gym or a theatre may be a better place to learn it. I also believe that this activity would be fun and therefore the children would not see it as work but rather as a game. This could be difficult if you are not a dancer but upon reviewing the video, I believe anyone would be able to teach and do this dance. You could also make your own dance or let students make their own if you wanted. (I actually did a very similar activity when I was in elementary school and loved it!).
  6. How could the video have been designed to generate more or better activity from viewers or students?
    • The video could have further broken down the steps and taught the dance! However, the teacher can always do that too.
  7. How will you address any potential barriers for your learners in the use of this video to ensure an inclusive design?
    • Since it is a movement video it is important that if you have students who may not be able to participate fully, have alternatives for them. For example, if they can only use their feet provide steps, or if they can only use their arms provide arm motion. Now if they cannot do any movement, allow all students the opportunity to sing instead or to draw the steps out. Allowing choice to all students can benefit all learners.